1.Upgrading of Rotary Lookout with planting of 50 Trees – to represent 50 Past Presidents in line with RI President Ian Riseley’s program “Plant a Tree” and in commemoration of the club’s 50th Anniversary (1968-2018).
2. Emergency Medical Information Books – available to public at Oberon Pharmacy or Oberon Medical Centre in exchange of coin donation, serving as an instant medical record that can be posted on fridge for easy access in case of emergency events.
3. Rotary Boomerang Bags – available to public at either IGA or Foodworks in Oberon to save or lessen use of plastic bags for grocery shopping.
4. Community Farmer’s Market Stall – once a month (every first Sat) in coordination with the Oberon Farmer’s Market committee, Rotary opens a stall to promote and fundraise for our club activities. Click here for more info about the market.
5. Daffodil Dawdle – every year during Spring season when the Daffodils bloom, the Rotary Club of Oberon organize various Daffodil Gardens to be opened to public with entrance ticket, in cooperation with the Hospital Auxilliary with the aim to promote our beautiful environment in Oberon as well as raise funds for certain cause. Spring 2017 raised funds for a bladder scanner donated to Oberon Community Multi-purpose Service (Hospital). Check details here.
6. Rotary Oberon Prize – the club had donated $30,000 club funds raised through several years hard work of both old and new club members as well as friends of Rotary and other supporters. This money is being used for an annual Foundation Scholarship of $1000 for one student for one year, every year – available to students of Charles Sturt University who are residents of Oberon New South Wales. For more information, visit here.
7. Rotary Youth Program for Enrichment (RYPEN) – yearly around the month of November, the Club sponsors Year 9 Oberon students to participate in this youth development program. For more information about RYPEN and if you are a student interested on participating, visit the Rotary District 9700 info here and contact our club for possible sponsorship at email@example.com.
8. Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) – yearly around the month of April, the Club sponsors prospective Youth Leaders (18-28 yrs old) to participate in this youth leadership development program. For more information about RYLA and if you are a youth leader interested on participating, visit the Rotary District 9700 info here and contact our club for possible sponsorship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) – yearly around the month of February, as the name implies Youth Driver Awareness workshop is held in Bathurst to promote safe driving on our newly licensed young drivers. Please click here if interested for info.
For more information on these Club Projects, visit Rotary Showcase here.
Please visit our Club’s Facebook page here.
If interested to know more about Rotary and/or want to join the club, please contact Club President for RY 2018-19 Glen Stewart at email@example.com.