What is Friends of Rotary?
“Friends of Rotary” is a program that invites businesses/ individuals to team up with Rotary for a year, two years or forever! Becoming a Friend of Rotary allows those who share our ideals and objectives to participate in our activities without the responsibility of full membership. As a matter of fact there are many people who would qualify for membership but simply do not have sufficient time to join a Rotary Club
Being a Friend of Rotary allows you to help in local fund raising by participating in club events or by making annual donations. Some club events are not specifically for fund raising but for socializing – Rotarians call this fellowship, an opportunity to enjoy activities and each others company, catch up with old friends and make or develop new ones.
ROLE OF “Friends of Oberon Rotary” members
- Participate in and assist with any Rotary projects or activities either by volunteering practical, “in kind” or financial assistance, particularly the major functions conducted by the Club annually.
- Protect the integrity of Rotary by advocating the importance and advancing the ideals of Rotary
- To maintain contact with the Club and to be informed of Rotary activity both locally and worldwide.
- To contribute experience and wisdom when needed.
- To enjoy fellowship and social occasions with like minded people.
- Pay an annual subscription. Friends are invited to assist the Club with the cost of administration of Friends of the Rotary Club of Oberon by donation each year.
BENEFITS TO “Friends Of Oberon Rotary” members
- Opportunity to affiliate with a community business and professional group
- Attend Oberon Rotary Club meetings/activities at their own cost
- Receive a copy of the weekly Bulletin
- Formal welcome and introduction to Club and presentation of badge
- Supporting Rotary service projects helps the community that many of these companies do business in.
- Aids community agencies, educational scholarships, and international projects.
- It is a way for those who can not make Rotary meetings, feel involved in the effort to provide for the community.
- Can be a stepping stone for someone who wants to invest in the community but does not know a lot about Rotary.
Friends of the Rotary Club of Oberon is not a substitute for Membership of the Club, and anyone interested in becoming a Member of Rotary is invited to contact us about membership.