- First meeting of the month – Malcolm was off fighting fires, so Brenda Lyon stepped into the top job!
- Graham Parker gave a 2 minuter that showed a long and interesting background – thus requiring a long 2 minutes.
- Brad’s 2 minute chat showed why he is a great friend of real estate agents – particularly in “The Shire”. An entertaining geographical whirlwind!
- Hans talk was excellent, and well received by all present. It was an enthralling factual account of his family’s world War II experiences, with all the elements of a good yarn – suspense, a hero, some lighter anecdotes – excellent Hans!
- In an effort to bring the importance of mental health research to the fore, Australian Rotary Health will be holding a fundraising and awareness day in October, 2012. ‘Hat Day’ will be a day you and your Club can get behind as a way to promote the importance of mental health research”. Our club’s had ‘night’ went well and great to see so many and varied hats – from Isobel’s fascinator to Allan’s cancer care scarf fashioned into a pirate’s bandana to… the list could go on. Excellent support for Australian Rotary Health; and raising both awareness and funds for Mental Health Research.
- Suzanne volunteered to attend Oberon Council’s Australia Day Citizenship ceremony