- Attended Rotary Club of Bathurst East’s club to hear their guest speaker. The Guest speaker was Dr Brendan Smith, Chairman of the Bathurst Medical Staff Council, in relation to the proposed closure of St Vincent’s Private Hospital.
- We watched a DVD that has been sent to all schools about Polio Plus. See http://www.schools-ending-polio.org.au/ for more details.
- Guest Speaker Bruce Fitzpatrick – Developments in Oberon during my period as General. Oberon Council General Manager who is retiring after 17years. Bruce outlined some developments in the Council area that had occurred while he was in the hot seat, without necessarily taking credit for the District improvements. A brief report of his talk is later in the Bulletin. Bruce was presented with an Oberon yellow shopping bag of Rotary and Oberon goodies – including the door stop (now his door may no longer be always open), A “Living Treasures Of Oberon’ book (Rotary project Bruce was instrumental in getting Council on board to buy an initial number (for reselling) to ensure the project’s success), and the Oberon Rotary banner!
- We hosted a group from the RC of Bellingen – Brian Beesley and Heather – RC of Gloucester; Dianna Christian – RC of Bellingen; James Christian – RC of Bellingen; Max Withers and Helen – RC of Parramatta (formerly Gloucester). The visiting Rotarians introduced themselves, and were on a motorcycle tour – obviously picked Oberon as a destination in late autumn to share some coastal rain.
- The PC of Bellingen members conducted a memorable rotary grace – which was sung beautifully by Club members – it looks like the club liked the idea – because we have been singing it ever since!
Photos of the events can be seen here