GSE is a unique cultural and vocational exchange opportunity for young business and professional men and women between the ages of 25 and 40 and in the early years of their professional lives. The program provides travel grants for teams to exchange visits between paired areas in different countries. For four to six weeks, team members experience the host country’s institutions and ways of life, observe their own vocations as practiced abroad, develop personal and professional relationships, and exchange ideas. Our district is currently looking for participants for a GSE of the UK, if you are interested please contact the club.
The members of the Italian team were:
- FRANCESCO MEDI (RC. VIAREGGIO VERSILIA). Team leader, Surgeon
- ANTONELLA ALMERIGI (RC. BOLOGNA EST). She has worked as lawyer since 2007, and before she worked at the University of Bologna as a full-time work experience. Bologna is the capital city of Emilia-Romagna in northern Italy, in the Po Valley, between the Po River and the Apennines, exactly between the Reno River and the Sàvena River. Home of the oldest university in the Western world, “Alma Mater Studiorum”, founded in 1088, Bologna is one of the most developed cities in Italy.
- PATRIZIA RUSSO (RC. VIAREGGIO VERSILIA). Project manager in the field of hunam resources is from Livorno or (in English) Leghorn is a port city on the Tyrrhenian Sea on the western edge of Tuscany, Italy. It is the capital of the Province of Livorno and the third-largest port on the western coast of Italy, having a population of approximately 170,000 residents as of the year 2007.
- MARIA DELL’ANNO (RC. FIRENZE SESTO CALENZANO).She is with her law firm since 2007 and before she worked at the University of Florence as a full-time work experience. Florence is the capital city of the Italian region of Tuscany, and of the province of Florence. It is the most populous city in Tuscany and has a population of 364,779 (696,767 in the urban area). The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture.
- GABRIELE ROMANI (RC. MODENA L.A. MURATORI) He has worked at the Policlinico Universitario di Modena (Hospital) since 2007 . Pistoia is a city in the Tuscany region of Italy, the capital of a province of the same name, located about 30 km west and north of Florence. Pistoria was centre of Gallic, Ligurian and Etruscan settlements before becoming a Roman colony in the 6th century BC, along the important road Via Cassia: in 62 BC the demagogue Catiline and his fellow conspirators were slain nearby. From the 5th century the city was a bishopric, and during the Lombardic kingdom it was a royal city and had several privileges. Pistoia’s most splendid age began in 1177 when it proclaimed itself a free commune: in the following years it became an important political centre, erecting walls and several public and religious buildings.
Some photos of their visit to Oberon can be seen at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97068&id=678118416&l=0bcb3