- The International Assembly is a family affair for Leanne Jaggs, incoming governor of District 9920, and her husband, Mike, a volunteer firefighter.
- Leanne, a third-generation Rotarian, and Mike have brought their nine-month-old son, Brayden, to the assembly in San Diego, California, USA.
- Accompanying them is Leanne’s father, Stuart Searle, a past governor of District 9920, which covers part of the family’s home country of New Zealand and seven other South Pacific nations and territories.
- Her grandfather, George, was also a Rotarian.
- “I was kind of born into it,” says Leanne. “My brother said two in the family was quite enough. But he’s a policeman, so he does his community service.”
- The Jaggs family is a good example of the youth RI President Dong Kurn Lee has emphasized as important to Rotary’s future.
- Leanne says they are definitely a typical of Rotary district leadership in Australia and New Zealand.