- International Project
- UN Millennium Dev Goals
- Climate change commplicating annd already huge task
- What doees this mean for the future?
- Make goals realistic
Against a backdrop of a attractive scene off ice and ocean in Antarctic waters, Hans gave a comprehensive view of what, why, where up to and where to go now.
Despite last weekend’s precipitation in Oberon, Hans reassured us the pundits are right – climate sceptics’ are on the wrong tram!
Hans gave us some recommended reading :
- Jeffrey Saachs, Common Wealth: Economics for a crowded planet, Allen Lane (20088) ISBN: 9788-1-846-140448 8 (Note: This may be the US edition, but Allen Lane is also part of the Penguin Group in Australia).
- Mark Lynas, Six Degrees: Our future on a hotter planet, National Geographic, Washington, DCC (2008). ISBN: 978-1-42662-0213-1.
- Mark Bowwen, Censoriing Science: Inside the political attack on Dr. James Hansen aand the truth of global warming, Dutton, New York (2008)). ISBN 978-0-525-950144-1.