- All 56 clubs in District 1230 are urged to send teams, and members of the public are invited to play. Proceeds will benefit PolioPlus, so participants are encouraged to raise at least £50 ($100) and solicit sponsorships.
- If organizers reach their goal of 624 golfers, they will generate more than $50,000 for the polio eradication effort.
- The fundraiser will take place at the championship-caliber, traditional-style Dundonald Links, cited as one of the best new courses in the world by the Robb Report in 2004 On Sunday June 22nd 2008 we invite golfers from all over the world to become official world record breakers when we attempt to smash the current record of 623 set in China in 2007
- The first tee time is set for 03:30, and the first holes will be illuminated by floodlights to enable early-bird golfers to see their way through.
- Organizers expect that 160 tee times will occur at six-minute intervals throughout the near-midsummer day, which will offer over 18 hours of sunlight. In Scotland!!!!!!
D 9700 Aussie Version (from the DG Newsletter)
- In March 2008, Parkes club completed a golf day and have raised an astounding $170,000 from donations, sponsorship and auctions.
- The whole club swung in behind John Pizzaro, who was chief organizer, and it was great to watch the process, from cooking the meals for 340 people to extracting huge money from the auction items.
- A fine effort, and the majority of the funds will be matched from Rotary Foundation funds to send three graduates to research Parkinsons disease for their Doctorates.