- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment is aimed for that large group of, both Boys and girls, aged 14 to 16 years, who have shown some qualities of decency, courage, persistence, sincerity and application in everyday life, which deserve further development.
- The principle aim is to communicate to young people a series of ideas, problems and social experiences which will assist them in forming their own values and moral standards and to broaden their horizons culturally, socially and academically
- RYPEN aims for the average student and not for the outstanding few. It is advised that you do not send or go with friends. If the student does not know anyone at the start of the seminar, they leave with 5O new friends when it finishes on Sunday.
- Nominees are accommodated in dormitory style rooms and meals are provided in a communal dining room.
- The District RYPEN Committee provides the organisation and planning. Rotarians and their Wives live-in for the duration of this camp, as counsellors and become camp Mums and Dads etc.
- Rypenmans receive suitable instruction, and play an active part in introducing and thanking guest speakers, presenting group reports; assisting the camp tasks as well as being involved 111 various group sessions.
- The motto of RYPEN which emerved from the first seminar conducted in 1980 is”The Cultivation of Youth”.
- If you think a young person has qualities worth developing, then he. or she is a suitable candidate for RYPEN. The closing date for nominations is on the 9th of November. This year RYPEN will be held in Cowra on the first weekend in December