District Simplified Grants (DSGs) are a tool for Rotary districts to support short-term, humanitarian projects that benefit the community. Districts can request up to 20 percent of District Designated Funds (DDF) for a grant to support multiple projects locally or internationally.
How to apply
District Rotary Foundation chairs and district governors-elect are strongly encouraged to submit a completed District Simplified Grant Request to The Rotary Foundation in the Rotary year prior to funds being available. Some points to remember
- Clearly identified need in the community;
- Completed in this Rotary year;
- Cannot be started before money received;
- Not for salaries or capital works (eg buildings etc). Prefer to be Rotary only project – mainly due to control and reporting requirements.
- Seems to be in the order of $US3500 available.
Past grants to – town signage, Senses garden at Alzheimer’s nursing home; etc