Bathurst 7th November at the Civic Centre
- To bring the community together to learn about and discuss all aspects of mental illness including early recognition and treatment.
- A Rotary Club or Clubs, in conjunction with the Australian Rotary Health Research Fund and their local government Council should organise this event – for the benefit of the local community.
- Information on mental illness and Rotary will be provided by the ARHRF.
- To help destigmatize mental illness.
- To bring the community in contact with mental health services/support groups.
- A consumer, a carer and a clinician.
- The ARHRF will help with speakers. It could be viable to use YOUR community members in one or two of these roles.
- Ample time must be made available for questions from the audience, directed to any of the speakers.
- No entry fee for the forums and tea and coffee to be provided by the Rotary Club.
Who to Invite?
Invite local members of parliament, the mayor, the local newspapers and radio station personnel, school principals, CEO/matron of the local hospital, local doctors.
HOWEVER, THE AUDIENCE IS MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
About Australian Rotary Health Research Fund (ARHRF)
ARHRF is Rotary’s major community service programme, established in 1981 to provide financial support to health research projects in Australia, by Australians and for Australians.
ARHRF has pledged to continue to invest funds into research into mental illness with the aim of funding research projects that will result in better treatment and services. It also aims to promote greater understanding in the community through education, which will reduce stigma and improve the lives of Australians affected by mental illness.
Send your tax deductible donation directly to:
Australian Rotary Health Research
PO Box 779
Parramatta NSW 2124
Ph: (02) 8837 1900
Fax: (02) 9635 5042